The progress continues. Since this was last updated, the following was accomplished.
4/9/00 the sons-in-laws and Damon plus a friend of Toms came up and we
installed two sides of the T1-11 siding plus the cedar siding and fake
brick on the front. What a job, but it was sure good to get the
work done. The north side was still frozen at the base and I had
to install the siding after the ice melted.
I started installing
the shingles on July 4 and finished on July 26, 2000. Could
not have picked a hotter time of the year and this was a very hot
July!. Because of the heat, I worked in the early mornings and
evenings since the shingles were too hot to handle during the middle of
the day. I carried 72 bundles (70 pounds each) up the
ladder The felt I installed in January had to be removed
because of damage due to weathering.
I started painting the doors and siding on 8/24/00. I should have it finished in the next week or so.